Frequently asked questions
Whether you’re just beginning your research about retirement lifestyles, or you’ve been looking into this for a while now, you’re sure to have a few questions. Below are some of the most frequently asked questions we get about Independent Retirement Living in general and Garneau Hall Retirement in particular. If you don’t find what you’re looking for, don’t hesitate to contact us — we’re here to make your life easier in any way we can.
Yes. VRS Communities has 11 seniors communities across BC and Alberta, including:
Lakeside Gardens in Nanaimo
Ross Place in Victoria
Pacific Carlton in White Rock
Sunnyside Manor in White Rock
Orchard Gardens in Kelowna
Sunshine Ridge in Osoyoos
Silver Springs in Vernon
Charles Manor in Penticton
Andover Terrace in Salmon Arm
Shuswap Lodge in Salmon Arm
Garneau Hall in Edmonton
Garneau Hall is an independent and assisted living residence for self-directed living, providing rental accommodation with services and amenities for seniors who can live independently with minimal to moderate support.
Long-term care facilities are designed for people who require the availability of 24-hour nursing care and supervision.
Garneau Hall chefs use the freshest, highest quality ingredients around. We pride ourselves on our high standard of quality cooking, prepared from basic ingredients. This is your home, and you deserve the best.
Garneau Hall offers a wide variety of activities and our objective is to provide life-inspiring activities and events that will benefit our residents in every aspect of living. Coordinating opportunities for residents to discover purpose and passion through participating and volunteering, enriching their lives as well as those they serve.
While market rents at a retirement residence may vary by location and suite size, Garneau Hall offers an affordable and enriching lifestyle. All-inclusive One Bedroom Suites start at $2,575 per month. There are no expensive buy-in fees or long-term leases. Our agreements are all on a month-to-month basis, so we can prove ourselves one day at a time, month after month, year after year.
Please download our free expense calculator worksheet to assist.
Garneau Hall is pleased to provide a state-of-the-art wireless emergency response system. Should you require assistance during a medical emergency, our staff can respond immediately and dispatch the appropriate help you need 24/7.
Garneau Hall encourages residents to make their living space their own. When you furnish your suite with your décor and furniture you will be welcomed into a suite that you can call home.
The Short Stay Program is a trial stay option that may be suitable for older adults and families who wish to learn more about retirement living and how seniors engage with these environments, including living arrangements, dining options and activities. We also provide respite/convalescent stays. For more information, please contact our Sales Manager.
- Three home-cooked meals daily prepared by our Red Seal Chef
- Snacks & refreshments offered in the Great Room and Fireside Lounge
- Libraries and reading room
- Wellness and exercise rooms
- Landscaped gardens with pergola, patios and fountains
- Multi-purpose activity and games rooms
- Ensuite bathrooms with walk-in shower
- Kitchenettes have microwaves and refrigerators
- Basic Phone & Cable, Internet and individual thermostat
- One Bedroom Suites have in-suite storage room
- Fire alarm, sprinkler system, smoke detectors and emergency lighting
Comfort and Convenience
- Secure, underground parking
- Complimentary laundry facilities
- Smoke free environment, air conditioned common areas
- Daily safety checks, weekly housekeeping and linen services
- 24-hour staffing and emergency response
Recreational Programs, Activities and Services
- Daily social, cultural, educational and recreational activities
- Exercise, fitness and wellness programs
- Creative pursuits (arts and crafts, knitting, painting and drawing)
- Worship services
- Hydro, gas, water, and basic phone & cable
“We had to find a place for my Dad, who has Dementia, with very short notice. My husband first contacted Garneau Hall and was put in touch with Andrea. He immediately had a very good feeling and after some research we chose Garneau Hall. Andrea was, and still is, so wonderful and caring. She helped arrange for my Dad to move in within days, and has been in constant contact with me, keeping me informed about all that is going on. I can honestly say that if I didn't have Andrea's help, guidance and endless patience, I don't know how I would have managed. Even through COVID, Garneau Hall has been extremely diligent in following all protocol, even going above and beyond. We would gladly recommend Garneau Hall to anyone who is looking for a well run, attentive facility.”